Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
$20.00 for NOND Members
$30.00 for non-NOND Members
- Identify key events re-shaping definitions of disability.
- Examine new conceptualizations of disability.
- Discuss the role of the social model of disability in nursing education.
- Identify key events re‐shaping definitions of disability.
- Review the social model of disability in education and employment for health professionals.
- Examine stereotypes and barriers that hinder students with disabilities and nurses with disabilities.
- Discuss resources and strategies to build capacity among students and faculty.
Additional Topics in Development
How Can They Be Nurses? Apprehension about Nursing Students with Disabilities
Not Able, Terribly Different: Do Nursing Students with Disabilities Need to Be “Fixed”?
Accommodating Students with Disabilities
So, You Want to Be a Nurse: Counseling Nursing Students with Disabilities
- Identify factors impacting students’ success in getting in to a nursing school
- Review Technical Standards
- Discuss issues related to disclosure
- Examine issues related to accommodations for students
In line with NOND’s mission and vision, we will be developing and offering modules that address a variety of topics impacting nursing students and nurses with disabilities. We hope that these topics provide the educational and advocacy resources to promote equity for people with disabilities and chronic health conditions in nursing.
Cultural Representations of Disability in Nursing
Culturally Responsive Nursing Practice
Disability in Nursing Education
Universal Design: Creating Accessible Educational Instruction and Clinical Practice