NOND Vision and Mission Statement
NOND is the voice of disability in nursing.
NOND is an open membership, cross-disability, professional organization that works to promote equity for people with disabilities and chronic health conditions in nursing through education and advocacy by:
• promoting best practices in education and employment;
• providing resources to individuals, nursing and disability organizations, and educational and healthcare institutions;
• influencing the provision of culturally responsive nursing practice; and
• creating systemic improvements.
NOND values the:
- experiences, cultures, abilities, and rights of people with disabilities;
- history, practice, and service of the nursing profession;
- empowerment of people with disabilities within nursing; and
- enhancement of the nursing profession.