Receives and responds to consumer calls for health care assistance.
- Elicits questions, concerns, and information from caller to assess symptoms, determine acuity, identify appropriate algorithm/protocol, and develop patient care plan.
- Provides professional advice, education, and options based on assessment, established algorithm/protocol, and clinical judgment.
- Provides referrals to healthcare providers and community resources when appropriate, including locations, hours, and contact information.
- Documents calls, responses, and referrals.
Minimum Required Education & Licensure/Certification:
- Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date
- 2 years of nursing experience. ICU or ED experience preferred