NOND is the voice of disability in nursing.
NOND is an open membership, cross-disability, professional organization that works to promote equity for people with disabilities and chronic health conditions in nursing through education and advocacy by:
- promoting best practices in education and employment;
- providing resources to individuals, nursing and disability organizations, and educational and healthcare institutions;
- influencing the provision of culturally responsive nursing practice; and
- creating systemic improvements.
- the experiences, cultures, abilities, and rights of people with disabilities;
- history, practice, and service of the nursing profession;
- empowerment of people with disabilities within nursing; and
- enhancement of the nursing profession.